Child support Search Engine

Child Support search results

Please Donate

“Child Support” is growing and we need the support of our readers. Because we do not advertise on our site, we must ask our loyal readers to continue supporting us and help us grow. We are in need of your donations 5, 10, 15, 25, 50 or 100 will help us reach our budget goal of $300,000 to manage our year end budget. Child Support has managed to touch over 100,000 thousand satisfied reader, and we continue to enjoy the added comments. Thanks for your continued support Kenneth

Monday, July 14, 2008

The Michigan Child Support Formula

This is a complex formula. Among other factors, it takes into account:
The incomes of both parents
The number of children living with each parent
The number of tax exemptions each parent claims
Day care expenses
Health insurance premiums
In a traditional arrangement, the children live with one parent and visit with the other according to a schedule. The non-custodial parent pays child support.
The payer's support obligation can be much lower under the shared economic resources formula. That applies if the children spend at least 128 overnights per year with the payer of support.
This is only the tip of the iceberg. There are many rules and regulations that can affect the amount of child support. For example, if one parent is unemployed, then a level of income can be imputed to them based on their training, recent job experience, whether they quit or got fired, etc.

Health Insurance
Normally, both parents are required to provide health insurance for the children if it is available at a reasonable cost as a benefit of employment.
Both parents are often required to contribute to the cost of insuring the children, and uninsured health-care costs, according to their relative incomes.

Child Care (Day Care)
Both parents are often required to contribute to child care costs, again according to their relative incomes.

Life Insurance
Often, one or both parents agree to maintain a life insurance policy for the children until they turn 18. Michigan law does not require such a policy, but it can be a good idea to demand (or bargain for) it during a divorce, custody, support or paternity case. If the other parent dies before your children turn 18, this could help you support them.
This web site is only for informational purposes. It is not legal advice and does not form an attorney-client relationship. Talk to a qualified family law attorney for legal advice regarding your unique situation.

No comments:

Today news is we lost...

Welcome to the info corner...

Have you checked this out?